Re: [Xen-users] HTPC + DUAL PC In one

I hadn't thought about this before now, but part of my results may be
because my desktop is running Gentoo with very aggressive optimizations
for the specific processor, whereas the Intel server is running Fedora
20, which just uses -O2 -mtune=generic for optimizations.  Another
factor might be that most of my workloads, and therefore most of the
benchmarking that I do, are memory-bound, and even though both systems
use DDR3-1600 memory, the server is a NUMA system and has the memory
split between the two processors.

Just comparing processors of similar price from AMD and Intel, you will
almost always get a better processor from AMD.  It may not always have
the most up-to date set of ISA extensions, but that hardly matters when
running Windows because Windows won't try to take advantage of anything
that came out after that version of Windows (which is why XP's
performance sucks compared to Win7 on newer systems).