Re: [Xen-users] Only 1 core is recognized in Dom0 - "A valid RSDP was not found"

On 07/21/2014 10:46 PM, John Mok wrote:
> Unfortunately, it is a new product. What I have is the latest BIOS from
> supermicro  (build date 14th Mar 2014)
>
> The interesting thing is Linux nromal kernel can discover all 8 cores.
> Any idea ?

I'm not an expert by any stretch, but seeing a lack 0of other responses
I'll pipe in and maybe I can help:

The problem probably has to do with the initial ACPI error you're
getting.  The ACPI tables are parsed for the CPU information and if
there's an error in that stage then the hypervisor can't detect the
number of CPUs (or cores) in the system and so it disables SMP support
and you can only use a single CPU.

Workarounds to try are:
acpi=ht
acpi=false

If neither of the above work, try this (appears to be an undocumanted
option I found with a bit of googling):
num_processors=8

Any of the above options should be specified on the hypervisor command
line in grub.

Hope this helps.

Peter