[Xen-users] Installing Windows 8.1 Pro under Xen 4.3.2

I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit from DVD under Xen 4.3.2 (the version delivered with Opensuse 13.1, Opensuse patches are up-to-date).

My windows.cfg looks like this:

memory = 2048
name = "windows"
vcpus = 2
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:00:00:0e, bridge=br0' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/system/windows-c,ioemu:hda,w' , 'phy:/dev/sr0,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
vnc = 1
vnclisten = '127.0.0.1'
vncunused = 0
vncdisplay = 14
keymap = 'de'
builder = 'hvm'
boot = 'dc'
stdvga = 0
serial = 'pty'
device_model_version = 'qemu-xen-traditional'

First I did not have the device_model_version line, so I got a message "bootmgr image is corrupt" and the installer did not start at all.

I found a web site which recommended setting the device_model_version, so I added this line and now the installer starts, but soon complains about a missing driver, in German "Ein fÃr den Computer erforderlicher Medientreiber fehlt", and does not let me continue. Unfortunately it does not tell me, *which* driver is missing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Manfred HÃrtel, DB3HM    mailto:Manfred.Haertel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                         http://rz-home.de/mhaertel