Re: [Xen-users] HVM and iSCSI

On Fri, 08/15/2014 02:05 AM, Jan Vejvalka <jan.vejvalka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 15.8.2014 1:02, Errol Neal wrote:
> > On Thu, 08/14/2014 06:10 PM, Jan Vejvalka <jan.vejvalka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi *,
> >>
> >> on Xen 4.4.0 I'd like to run a Windows guest whose disk is located on
> >> iSCSI. Can you please give me a hint how to write it in the guest
> >> config file ?
> >
> > Read the README:
> > ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/Xen-SAN-0.3.0.tar.gz
>

> I did, thanks for the hint. I put their scripts in place, wrote
> disk = [ 'script=block-iscsi,vdev=hda,access=rw,target=tgt{iqn...}' ]
> in the guest config file and qemu now complains
> qemu-system-i386: -drive
> file=tgt{iqn...},if=ide,index=0,media=disk,format=raw,cache=writeback:
> Unknown protocol
>
> Any further idea ?

Quite honestly... No :/

I think Dr. Greg participates in this list's discussions too?

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-04/msg00270.html

Perhaps he can she any insights into debugging?

Did you replace the default "block" script with the on shipped in the 0.3.0
release tar of Xen-SAN?