Re: [Xen-users] Strange network problems with GPLPV drivers under Windows 8.1

Manfred Haertel schrieb:

According to comparing Wireshark traces I think the problem is, when the
Windows VM receives a "large" packet (size close to the MTU), the last
few bytes are changed (scary!). It is almost impossible to scp a file to
the Windows VM because scp almost always fails with "packet corrupt".
[...]
How can I return to the Realtek driver? I tried to uninstall the Xennet
driver yesterday, but that didn't bring me back the Realtek driver.

The command

bcdedit -set loadoptions nogplpv

was very helpful. It disabled the PV drivers and so the virtual Realtec device came back.

Using the non-PV drivers, my problems were gone. So it's a bug in the XenNet driver.

--
Manfred HÃrtel, DB3HM    mailto:Manfred.Haertel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                         http://rz-home.de/mhaertel