[Xen-users] Strange network problems with GPLPV drivers under Windows 8.1

I am experiencing strange network problems in a Windows 8.1 VM running under Xen on a Opensuse 13.1 host.

This started most probably after I installed the GPLPV drivers in the Windows VM a few days ago (version 1.0.1100, I think this is the most recent version).

According to comparing Wireshark traces I think the problem is, when the Windows VM receives a "large" packet (size close to the MTU), the last few bytes are changed (scary!). It is almost impossible to scp a file to the Windows VM because scp almost always fails with "packet corrupt".

Even more strange: This happens only to packets sent by other VMs or by the host. Communication with other computers in my LAN and even with the Internet works perfectly. Also it seems that packets sent by the Windows VM do not become corrupted.

Is this I known problem? What can I do?

How can I return to the Realtek driver? I tried to uninstall the Xennet driver yesterday, but that didn't bring me back the Realtek driver.

Thanks in advance for help!

--
Manfred HÃrtel, DB3HM    mailto:Manfred.Haertel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                         http://rz-home.de/mhaertel