Re: [Xen-users] Question about XEN

  • To: "The General Center for Internet Services Inc." <info@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT&Internet)" <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 07:39:51 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 05:41:08 +0000

On 22. August 2014 20:41:47 MESZ, "The General Center for Internet Services
Inc." <info@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I understand the way that Domain0 works
> Is Centos 6.3 64-bit the best root kernel to install XEN on?

this seems confused a bit.

the Dom0 linux is running ON  xen - not vice versa.

With which linux do you install the xen kernel on a system is a non sense
question so far - any operating system which provides the target  file system
could be used  here.

But if you are looking for a Dom0 linux kernel instead - the newer linux
kernels your distribution delivers as the "stable" are usually the best choice,
because they held the last xen related code / drivers etc..

May be it could make sense to reread docs to understand what xen and what a
Dom0 is...

hth
cheerioh and good luck,

Niels.