Re: [Xen-users] Question about XEN

On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 07:39 +0200, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat
IT&Internet) wrote:
> On 22. August 2014 20:41:47 MESZ, "The General Center for Internet Services
> Inc." <info@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I understand the way that Domain0 works
> > Is Centos 6.3 64-bit the best root kernel to install XEN on?
>
> this seems confused a bit.
>
> the Dom0 linux is running ON  xen - not vice versa.

I don't think it is unreasonable to describe the process of installing
CentoS and then "yum install xen" as "installing Xen on CentOS".

To answer the original question according to
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Host_Install CentOS 6.3 does not have
Xen packages/support out of the box but CentOS 6.4+ is reasonable Xen
platform via the Xen4CentOS work (google for Xen4CentOS for guides etc).
There is also "Xen made easy" listed there if you want commercial
support.

If you are looking to build something manually rather than consuming
existing packages then I suppose CentoOS 6.3 would be fine. I'm not a
CentOS person but I suppose they would as a general rule encourage you
to use the latest point release.

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Getting_Started should be a decent starting
point for guiding through the various steps.

Ian.