Re: [Xen-users] Xen VM status information via LibXenlight

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 10:30:34PM -0700, Nodir Kodirov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to get continuous status information of Xen VM. I'm using
> xl toolstack and I know it is possible to get continuous status update
> with "xl top" command. Then I could do a string parsing to extract
> information (CPU, RAM, NIC) I need.
>
> I was wondering if there is a better way to do this, such as API
> exposed by xen hypervisor which I could use directly (perhaps from
> remote machine).

Re API exposed by hypervisor -- no. Hypervisor itself won't expose such
API, so in the end you still need to get the information via toolstack.

You can easily stream the output of "xl top" (BTW it's just a wrapper
around "xentop") via ssh to suite your need.

Wei.