[Xen-users] xl network-attach persistence after reboot

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the list and I'm exploring Xen 4.4.0 for a project I'm
working on.

One of the requirements we have is that when we add a new network
interface no reboot from the dom0 should be done. The client should be
able to reboot from domU when they decide without loosing any of the
attached network interfaces.

As I understand, to make this changes persistent, the interface
configuration should be added to the domU config file in
/etc/xen/<guest-vm>.cfg

The issues I'm getting are the following:

1- "xl network-attach" command correctly attaches the interface, but
after the reboot from domU the interface is lost

2- Adding the interface to the configuration file will also work, but it
requires a reboot of the domU from dom0

3- Rebooting from domU will in fact reboot the vm but the configuration
file is not reloaded.

The same issues are present when I try a "network-detach".

I'm lost here, not sure where to look.

I had tried with an old xen 4.1 setup and the hotplugged interfaces
persists after reboot.

My setup is:

domU: debian wheezy 64 bits
dom0: Ubuntu 14.04 with xen packages from repositories
dom0: Debian Wheezy 64 bits with xen compiled from source

Can someone give me a clue? Does this happens to you? I this the
expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Jorge