[Xen-users] Using disk hotplug script with qemu

Hi,

I'm trying to use a custom disk hotplug script with an HVM guest.

builder="hvm"
name="ThisIsTheVmName"
memory=128
vcpus=1
disk = [Â"script=block-someCustomScript,vdev=hda,target=someRandomTarget" ]

My custom block scripts does various verifications, creates the block device in /dev, and writes the real block device major:minor numbers to $XENBUS_PATH/physical-device and "connected" (without quotes) to $XENBUS_PATH/status (inspired from the block-iscsi hotplug script).

I can see that my script is called and does the writing to xenstore.

But the domain won't start and I'm getting:

libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1371:device_model_spawn_outcome: domain 37 device model: spawn failed (rc=-3)
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1186:domcreate_devmodel_started: device model did not start: -3

From the xl log for that domain I can see:

qemu-system-i386: -drive file=someRandomTarget,if=ide,index=0,media=disk,format=raw,cache=writeback: could not open disk imageÂsomeRandomTarget: CouldÂnot open 'someRandomTarget': No such file or directory

Am I missing something?

How do I get libxl to call qemu with the real / updated block device from my block hotplug script (instead of calling it with the pseudo target)?

Debian Testing, Xl toolstack, Xen 4.4, Qemu 2.1

Thanks

Simon