Re: [Xen-users] xl network-attach and hotplug scripts

On Fri, 2014-09-26 at 13:09 +0200, Jorge CalÃs Lozano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have configured xen 4.4.1 to use a custom hotplug script for network
> interfaces:
>
> On /etc/xen/xl.conf:
>
>         vif.default.script="vif-custom"
>
> It works fine when creating a vm, when rebooting the vm, etc.
>
> But when I run 'xl network-attach' command it does not seems to load
> default settings: bridge interface and script default values are ignored
> and should be manually specified.
>
> Is this a known bug? A desired behaviour? Is there any workaround for
> this issue?

It certainly sounds like a bug. If you report it to xen-devel please
include the output of "xl -vvv network-attach". See
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen for more info.

Only workaround would be to manually specify them as you have
discovered.

Ian.