[Xen-users] VGA Passthrough Grabs Wrong Device

This question comes from Germano on the Q&A system on XenProject.org.
It looks similar to a question on stackoverflow from a couple months
back, which got no answer.  Is there a solution for this issue?

http://xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/vga-passthrough-grabs-wrong-device.html

==
I've succesfully set up VGA passthrough with a Quadro 4000 and
everything is working great.

My motherboard is a SuperMicro H8DGi/F with 2x opterons 6140, an
onboard Matrox G200 and a discrete Quadro 4000. On guest startup xl
complains the Quadro, sound device, usb controller, keyboard and mouse
dont support FLR, but keeps on going just fine anyway...

Dom0 is Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS with xen 4.4

I have 2 monitors, one is connected to the Quadro, the other to the
onboard G200, Bios have been set to boot from the Matrox G200 and the
integrated Matrox is the one I use for Dom0 control.

DomU is HVM win7 Pro x64, NV driver latest quadro

I had to setup the Quadro as the _primary_ adapter, (gfx_passthrough =
1) otherwise the NV driver in win7 would randomly (and pretty easily)
crash even after trivial operations like a window resize. If the
Quadro is the primary adapter, there is no problem whatsoever.

The annoying part of having it as the primary adapter is that it boots
from the Matrox (and the connected monitor), and keeps using the
onboard Matrox until the windows logo shows up, from that point on it
switches to the Quadro, Keyboard and mouse also are PCI passed-through
only _after_ the window logo shows up.

This is not a problem per se, since I dont use more than a single VM
at once, it is just annoying because a) Im left with no Dom0 screen,
and b) the onboard Matrox is not reset after guest shutdown, so I have
to SSH to get control of the systemm or type without seeing anything.

Note that the onboard Matrox is nevere referenced in the guest
configuration file, I dont get why xen takes it anyway..

Is there a way to avoid switching to the integrated Matrox at first,
or at least to reset it somehow? I tried difefrent things (like echo 1
> /sys/bus/pci/devices//reset) but with no luck..
==

Hoping someone has some insight on this.

Thanks,

Russ