Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.5-unstable, oxenstored cannot start (centos 7, kernel 3.17.0)

On Fri, Oct 10, ÐÑÐÐÐÑÐÐ ÐÑÐÑÐÐ wrote:

> So in my case you say, that I have to configure like this:
>
> ./configure --enable-systemd --with-linux-backend-modules="xen_evtchn, \
> xen_gntdev, xen_gntalloc, xen_blkback, xen_netback, xen_pciback, \
> <missing modules from upstream kernel: usbbk, xen-scsibk, blktap2, blktap>"
>
> Right?

Yes, something like that, whatever fits.

> Sorry, I did not quite understand.. Do you mean I have to take an OpenSUSE
> distribuition, install it and try to build xen there?
> I took the mainline 3.17.0 kernel from straight from the kernel.org site.
> How can this 3.17.0 kernel be 'OpenSUSE kernel' or 'some other
> distribution' kernel'?

No, I tried to say that usbbk and xen-scsibk is available in such
kernel, even if its not upstream.

Could you, please, give me a link to such a kernel?
That's the only thing left before I start over. But I'm a bit confused
on where to take such a kernel..

>Â Â Â> Again, I just issued './configure' while building. Maybe I should
>Â Â Â> issue the 'configure --enable-systemd' ?
>Â Â Â> Is it possible to configure xen build not to use sysV scripts at all and
>Â Â Âuse
>Â Â Â> systemd?
>
>Â Â ÂYes, --enable-systemd requires that the tools are started by systemd.
>Â Â ÂWith --disable-systemd xenstored can be started manually with
>Â Â Â/etc/rc.d/init.d/xencommons start.
>

> Got it! And is there a way to know if '--disable-systemd' is the default
> option?

It depends, if the systemd devel packages are installed they will be
used automatically.

Olaf

Thank you,
Grigory.