Re: [Xen-users] Debian 7.7 xcp-xapi doesn't start on boot

On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 09:02 +0100, Mark Benson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I dunno if this is the right list,

xcp has effectively been subsumed by the OpenXenserver project which has
it's lists/wiki etc over at www.xenserver.org, which is probably where
you will find the most help.

> root@zaire:~$ service xcp-xapi start
> The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.
> The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
> message: missing table
> <extra>: host
> <extra>:
> root@zaire:~$
[...]
> root@zaire:~# dpkg-reconfigure xcp-squeezed
> root@zaire:~# dpkg-reconfigure xcp-xapi

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about any of this. But given that
reconfiguring squeezed seems to be related does "service xcp-squeezed
start" before starting xcp-xapi start?

Googling "xcp-xapi missing table" also threw up:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=682202 which I don't
even remember filing!

> Where should I look next? Are there any logs I should check next?

I'd expect them to be under /var/log somewhere...

Ian.