Re: [Xen-users] How does domU memory allocation work?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, Marco Guazzone wrote:
>
>> Could you explain how it works?
>
> I cant, but this drawing may help:
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/staging/xen-unstable.hg/file/default/docs/misc/libxl_memory.txt
>
> Olaf

Thank you, Olaf.

I can understand the various blocks (except for "extra internal" and
"extra external"), but unfortunately I'm unable to relate them with
the numbers I showed in the first email.
For instance, I would say that the output of xenstore-ls reports is
related to the figure in the following way:
- "static-max" field: "baloon"+"guest"+"video" blocks,
- "target" field: "guest" block (that is, "build target" +/- "baloon")
- "videoram" field: "video" block

Instead, I'm really confused by the output of "xl top"

Any idea?

Cheers,

-- Marco