Re: [Xen-users] Does Xen support Mac OS X virtual machine's installation? If so, how to install the vm...

Mansoor Nathani <mansoor.nathani@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I last checked, Apple does not permit virtualization of its OS's
> especially on non Apple hardware.

As of 10.8 they allow it - but still only on Apple hardware.
Though actually, if you read the licence agreement carefully, virtualising 10.6
is not prohibited - it's just that most people interpret what is written and
infer something that isn't specified.
From memory, prior to 10.8 it says something like "can only be run on Apple
hardware". From 10.8 onwards it specifically allows running virtualised on
Apple hardware. Many have, perversely IMO, said that if it's virtualised then
it's not running on the hardware. Personally, I think a virtualised machine
still uses the same RAM, the same processor, etc - so it's still running on the
same hardware, just with a virtualisation layer between the guest OS and the
hardware.