Re: [Xen-users] xen server install on Fedora 21

Are you running a dom0 kernel ?

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Colin Durrant <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I am having a challenge trying to get Xen installed and working on Fedora 21.

I have installed it but the xen modules are not in /etc/init.d/

I get the following errors:

running this command - xl info

Gives me:

xc: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No such file or directory): Internal error
libxl: error: libxl.c:92:libxl_ctx_alloc: cannot open libxc handle: No such file or directory
cannot init xl context

If I run this command:
systemctl status xenstored.service

I get:

â xenstored.service - Xenstored - daemon managing xenstore file system
 ÂLoaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/xenstored.service; enabled)
 ÂActive: inactive (dead)
     Âstart condition failed at Tue 2015-01-06 10:26:54 GMT; 2s ago
     ÂConditionPathExists=/proc/xen was not met

running this -Â systemctl status xenconsoled

Gives me

â xenconsoled.service - Xenconsoled - handles logging from guest consoles and hypervisor

ÂÂ Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/xenconsoled.service; enabled)

ÂÂ Active: inactive (dead)

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ start condition failed at Tue 2015-01-06 10:29:38 GMT; 7s ago

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ConditionPathExists=/proc/xen was not met

Appreciate some help please?

Thanks & kind regards

Colin Durrant
Managing Director
Colins-IT

Colins-IT Limited
Tel: 07969 11 33 00
Fax:
0845 074 5707
FREEPHONE:0800 10 777 82

email:
colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://www.colins-it.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/colinsit
Facebook

Expert Author Ezine Author

Are you using our online back up service? Only Â5 per month for unlimted data. Click for more info.

Unit 1 Curriers Close, Coventry, CV4 8AW, England

Colins-IT does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The message is intended for the addressee only and its contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author only.

Company No. 7044349 VAT No. 980 4141 28

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to