Re: [Xen-users] [TestDay] minor bug + possible configuration bug 4.5rc4 archlinux

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 02:58:53PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Adding some CC's, including the devel list.
>
> On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 19:49 -0600, Doug McMillan wrote:
> >

> > configuration(?)
> > I compiled booted straight from bios with xen.efi during boot I received
> > several errors.
> > xl info works (see attachment). XL list locks the terminal session.
> > Checking into the errors I
> > found the following under dmesg (full attached):
> >

> >   Ignoring BGRT: invalid status 0 (expected 1)
> >   ACPI: SCI (ACPI GSI 9) not registered
> >   kvm: no hardware support
> >   mce: Unable to init device /dev/mcelog (rc: -16)
> >

> >  systemd[1]: Set hostname to <archxen>.
> >  systemd[1]: var-lib-xenstored.mount's Where= setting doesn't match unit
> > name. Refusing.
>
> I suppose this error message is accurate and the Where field is not
> "/var/lib/xenstored"? What is it actually? What options did you pass
> to ./configure when building Xen?
>
> This seems like a silly misfeature of systemd to me, but I suppose the
> fix is to rename the thing to match, except that would require all the
> dependent units to have the field changed too. It might turn out to be
> easier to instead arrange for @XEN_LIB_STORED@ to == /var/lib/xenstored.
>
> @devs -- we obviously need to do something about this (too late for 4.5,
> but for 4.6 + backport). Perhaps there is some alternative systemd
> construction which disassociates the actual path from the abstract
> service "xenstored dir mounted"?

I check its manual with regard to Where=:

  Takes an absolute path of a directory of the mount point. If the mount
  point does not exist at the time of mounting, it is created. This string
  must be reflected in the unit filename. (See above.) This option is
  mandatory.

There doesn't seem to be an alternative. I'm happy if someone can
correct me though...

> Otherwise we'll have to somehow arrange for the file and everything
> which depends on it to have a name which reflects the actual mount path,
> which sounds pretty awful to me...

Agreed...

Wei.