Re: [Xen-users] XEN PV networking: checksum issues

On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 11:20 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 01:53 +0100, Atom2 wrote:
> > Regardless of the fact that checksums for the above stated reason are
> > not required, is there a parameter that ensures that network packets do
> > arrive with correct checksums - ideally on just that one virtual
> > interface that's connected to the firewall.
>
> You can use ethtool

Except I see now that at least one VM is BSD and AFAIK ethtool is a
Linux thing, so depending on which setting needs tweaking that may not
help.

I don't know if BSD has something similar you can toggle -- I think
there is a freebsd-xen list on lists.bsd.org which might have someone
who knows if there isn't anyone here.

I think disabling offload on the vifX.Y for the BSD domain is what you
want though (so dom0 will calculate the checksum before handing over to
pfsense).

Maybe pfsense has an option to ignore the checksum? Really that ought to
happen automatically if the NIC has offload capabilities -- another one
for the bsd list perhaps?

Ian.