Re: [Xen-users] install second nic card in the guest vm

thanks.

that is the problem. Even if I add another vif in xl config file (I only define mac, bridge, and vif name), it doesn't install another nic inside the guest vm. the command ifconfig still shows eth0 and lo as the interfaces.

The same holds if I use xl network-attach command when vm is running. I can see no interface added inside guest machine.

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015, 10:48, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 09:00 +0000, Emma Anderson wrote:
> hi,
>

> I have an ubuntu guest vm. This vm recognises one nic card eth0 and
> the loopback interface. I would like to know how I can install another
> nic card (e.g. eth1) in the vm.

Check the xl.cfg(5) man page and
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xl-network-configuration.html
for the xl vif configuration syntax.