Re: [Xen-users] install second nic card in the guest vm

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 11:23 +0000, Emma Anderson wrote:
> thanks.
>

> that is the problem. Even if I add another vif in xl config file (I
> only define mac, bridge, and vif name), it doesn't install another nic
> inside the guest vm. the command ifconfig still shows eth0 and lo as
> the interfaces.

Try "ifconfig -a", does it show another device?

If not then please share your configuration file.

If "ifconfig -a" does show it but "ifconfig" does not then you haven't
configured the network device within the guest, which is required (just
as it would be if you added a new NIC to a physical machine).

If you are using Ubuntu then I expect /etc/network/interfaces might be
the place, but I don't use Ubuntu so I don't know for sure, maybe it
would need network-manager-fu or something else.

Ian.