Re: [Xen-users] power savings xen vs kvm

It can depend on your hardware...is your hardware AMD or Intel based.
There were some versions of the Xen kernel in which we had to
disable all power-saving features of the AMD hardware to get it
to work at all.  In some of the latest Intel hardware it is not always
happy with KVM especially if you are trying to do migration and again
it works better there if all CPU's are pinned to the highest frequency.

Steve Timm