Re: [Xen-users] Newbie question on network and VM management

Thanks Sarah,

My understanding is that the traffic will be routed inside the Dom0 bridge amongst all the ports (layer 2 routing kind of). And will not leave Dom0 at all. Will openVswitch help in this situation?

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Sarah Newman <srn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/06/2015 08:18 AM, Sarah Newman wrote:
> On 02/05/2015 10:14 PM, Tengiz Dawkins wrote:
>> thanks all!
>>
>> I have another question: assume I have 10 DomUs that are talking to each other on the same Xen host.
>> What is the easiest way to make sure
>> the traffic amongst those DomUs is going *via* the external switch (i.e. leaves DomU, leaves Xen,
>> goes up to the switch and then gets back into Xen and gets routed to the dest DomU).
>>
>> I will need that for IDS server that is capturing the traffic in mirror port on a switch.
>
> I think one bridge per DomU should do it.

Sorry, that's not necessary. If it's bridged shouldn't the traffic show up everywhere?