Re: [Xen-users] Bringing up xen on omap5432

Hi Chen,
ÂThanks for getting back. I actually used the TI's custom ROM code API (by passing 0x102 in ip and calling smc #0) to switch to hyp mode. Apparently this is TI OMAP5432 specific ROM CODE API call to make to switch into hyp mode. That worked for me and I am booting up linux DOM0. Now I am still trying to boot DOMU.
Thanks a lot for help.
Regards,
Surya

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 4:19 AM, Chen Baozi <cbz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Surya,

> On 18/02/15 16:32, Surya Satyavolu wrote:
> > Hi Julien,
>
> Hello,
>
> Please keep all the people and mailing CCed.
>
> >Â Â Â ÂThe crash seems to be happening in _nonsec_init which i called
> > through a secure_ram_addr in the relocated secure code.
> > CONFIG_ARMV7_SECURE_BASE needs to be set. what should that be set to for
> > OMAP5432?

Sorry for the late reply, I am still on the vacation of Chinese New Year.

IIRC, the default u-boot shipped with the board doesn't work with Xen. And
you should be able to use the latest u-boot which contains the patch that
would let the processor switch to EL2 before booting the kernel/hypervisor.
(I suggest you double-check whether the "EL2 enablement' config is selected
of your u-boot. It might not be selected by default in the config of omap5.)

Cheer,

Chen Baozi