Re: [Xen-users] Debian 7 Dom0, Debian 8 DomU: Failed to start Login Service

Thanks PryMar56/Mark :-)

Your suspicion about dbus was correct:

root@web2:~# dpkg -l dbus openssh-server
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/ ...
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
un  dbus           <none>       <none>       (no description available)
ii  openssh-server 1:6.7p1-3    amd64        secure shell (SSH) ...

The output of the two commands you asked for is at
http://pastebin.com/9SmdQxnh

After running "apt-get install dbus" and rebooting, the "Failed to start
Login Service" boot message was fixed (ssh from the Dom0 to web2's IP
address did not work until sshd_config was relaxed but that is another
story).

Would you like any further investigation?

Best

Charles