Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Raspberry Pi 2?

On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 08:12 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

> Put another way:
>
> Should I walk down to the local electronics store and pick up an RPi2,
> or should I order a Cubieboard from the UK, if I want to run Xen on
> ARM?

TL;DR: Get a cubietruck (AKA cubieboard 3).

Although the RPi2 has Cortex-A7 cores, which have virt extensions etc in
it including a virtualised Generic Interrupt Controller AFAIK the
overall SoC does not use the GIC to route/control interrupts but instead
such things are under the control of another interrupt controller which
is part of the GPU (which is actually in control of the system like with
RPi1) and is not a GIC and is not virtualised.

Xen requires a virtualis(ed|able) GIC, and AFAIK the GPU interrupt
controller does not meet the requirements.

Ian.