Re: [Xen-users] Xen-4.4.1-xs90192-d: Xen BUG at spinlock.c:48

On Wed, 2015-03-11 at 11:18 +0100, Christian Fischer wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2015 10:58:20 Ian Campbell wrote:
> > Hi Christian,
> >
> > On Wed, 2015-03-11 at 09:29 +0100, Christian Fischer wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > the installation of XS-6.5 panics on SuperMicro X8DAH, Bios 2.1, 2x X5550.
> >
> > You appear to be using Xen Server. This list primarily deals with issues
> > with the upstream xen project hypervisor and toolstacks. For help with
> > XenServer you should consult the lists/forums over at www.xenserver.org
> > or speak to your Support rep.
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> I know, I've posted to the installation issue forum earlier.
> But I think I'm wrong there with my question.

No, I believe that (or at least the forums generally, I don't know if
there or several or how they are structured) is the correct place to ask
with a XenServer issue.

> It's a pity that I can't get help with a hypervisor bug from the hypervisor
> experts without buying a Citrix support contract if using a Citrix hypervisor
> build, especially if the people behind are the same.

There are very few (if any) XenServer engineers on this list, since it
is not a forum for support for XenServer, the "people behind" are very
much not the same.

I may work for Citrix but I focus on the upstream versions of Xen and
have no idea what patches etc are applied to XenServer's version of Xen
nor what configuration they use, nor do I have any inside knowledge into
any known issues etc.

A support contract is not required, but asking in the correct place is
more likely to produce useful results.

Ian.