Re: [Xen-users] Newbie question on network and VM management

Thanks a lot Simon and Ian!

I am following the examples from the book -Âhttp://www.nostarch.com/xen.htm

The directiveÂroot = '/dev/xvda ro' helped a lot.

For some reasons I got presented the installation screen

Welcome to CentOS for x86_64

          ââââââââââ Choose a Language ââââââââââ

          â                   â

          â What language would you like to use â

          â during the installation process?  â

          â                   â

          â   Catalan        â    â

          â   Chinese(Simplified)  â    â

          â   Chinese(Traditional)  â    â

          â   Croatian        â    â

          â   Czech         â    â

          â   Danish         â    â

          â   Dutch         â    â

          â   English        â    â

          â                   â

          â        ââââââ        â

          â        â OK â        â

          â        ââââââ        â

          â                   â

          â                   â

          âââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ

 <Tab>/<Alt-Tab> between elements | <Space> selects | <F12> next screen

Do you know how to troubleshoot that?

The whole idea of my exercise is to get familiar with the dimU provisioning. I want to script that processÂ

so I can easily create several domUs on demand.Â

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 2:55 AM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 23:27 -0700, Tengiz Dawkins wrote:
> hi gurus,
>

> I am trying to create my domU from the kernel and ramdisk of dom0 and
> it fails. I think i am missing the root file system config. Can you
> advise how to instruct domu kernel to load correct domu ramdisk?
>

> Also the errors says:
> > CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: init Not tainted
> 3.10.68-11.el6.centos.alt.x86_64 #1
> What this actually means?

It just says that the process "init", with pid 1 crashed on cpu 0 and
gives the kernel version.

> $cat tengiz1.cfg
> kernel = "/root/vmlinuz_dom0"
> ramdisk = "/root/ramdisk_dom0"
> name = "myfirstdomu"
> memory = "450"
> disk = [ 'tap:aio:/home/tengiz/image10gb.img,xvda,w', ]
> vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0', ]
> vcpus=1

This is missing any kind of root=/extra=/cmdline= or bootloader=
statement, which would result in a root= on the kernel command line. So
the kernel has no way of knowing which partition contains a root
filesystem. Please check the wiki for numerous examples of how to
install a guest (even Centos specific ones) which have examples of
configuration files.

Ian.