[Xen-users] Specifying a different qemu machine emulation

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Chris Takemura <ctakemura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:19:36 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 23:21:04 +0000

Hello,

We've been suffering from certain problems with QEMU emulated device crashes (as described in the thread at https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-03/msg03413.html) and, as suggested in that thread, we'd like to try using different QEMU emulated devices.  I've looked at the xl disk specification doc, but I don't see any mechanism for doing that.

How can I avoid using the LSI scsi device?  We have 4 IDE devices provided by the emulated machine, and we've been using scsi for further devices. If we can switch to a machine with sata, that would probably solve the problem.  So would a different emulated scsi controller.

Thanks,

--
chris