Re: [Xen-users] Add Physical Drive

On Fri, 2015-03-20 at 00:52 +0000, Miguel Clara wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Chris Arnold
> <carnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Chris wrote:
>

>                 On Mar 19, 2015, at 1:55 PM, jacek burghardt
>                 <jaceksburghardt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>                 > Did you try to add this 'phy:/dev/vg0/vm_osol ,xvdc,w',
>                 > Do you want to add all hard drives ? You can assign
> controler
>
>                 I didn't because I can't seem to find the
>                 virtmachine.cfg file (yes I searched). Yes, I would
>                 love to add all hard drives.
>

>                 I have been following
>
> http://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-12/book_virt/data/sec_libvirt/data/sec_libvirt_storage_vmm.html
>

>         >that link is giving me a 404, how did yo create the machine
>         in the first place, are you using xl in >the console or
>         something else?
>

>         Sorry, i had to hand type the link in my mobile phone. Here is
>         the correct link:
>

> https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-12/book_virt/data/sec_libvirt_storage_vmm.htmlâ;
>

>         Created the VM using libvirt or virt-manager
>

> Well it that case can't you just edit the machine and go to that same
> "window" add "Add" a new pool and point it to the devices?

Or, more generally, if you are using libvirt and virt-manager then you
want to be looking online for tutorials/documentation involving libvirt,
virt-manager and perhaps virsh and not ones regarding xm/xl, since they
are different toolstacks with different approaches to configuration
management.

I don't know how to do things via the GUI but [0] suggests something
like:
        virsh attach-disk comlag dev/vg0/vm_osol xvda3
would be the virsh equivalent to the "xm block-attach comlag
phy:/dev/vg0/vm_osol /dev/xvda3 w" you mentioned at the start.

Ian.

[0]
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Virtualization_Administration_Guide/sect-Virtualization-Adding_storage_devices_to_guests-Adding_hard_drives_and_other_block_devices_to_a_guest.html