Re: [Xen-users] Video Passthrough

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:43:40 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:43:51 +0000

On 2015-03-23 20:18, jacek burghardt wrote:
The gfx_passthru=1 does not work. I managed to assign R9 270 to
windows 8.1 using 4.4 xen on arch linux as secondary display.
I switched to kvm now and using libvirt and virt-manager with ovfm I
removed spice display and emulated vga card after I had installed os
8.1 and ati drivers and both win 8.1 and win 10 are using difrent ati
vga cards for only display.

I have also just switched to KVM, only with Nvidia cards with OVMF UEFI
guests. OVMF properly POSTs the GPUs BIOS, which makes guest reboots
work with ATI cards. It also comes with all the required patches
to make Nvidia cards work without modifying them (it neuters all
the checks Nvidia drivers do to find out if they are in a VM).