Re: [Xen-users] ENC: Failed to insert 'xen_evtchn': No such device

On Thu, Apr 02, Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez wrote:

> >systemctl enable xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service
> >systemctl enable xen-init-dom0.service
> >systemctl enable xenconsoled.service
> These MAGIC lines did the trick! Thanks for the help, this solved the First
> Problem, BUT, if you know those lines, can't you submit a patch to fix this
> issue for the next "Lucky user"? How can I help to fix it?

make install will not enable sysv or systemd services. Distro packages
are supposed to enable themselve. If that is not desired by distro
maintainers the distro should provide ways to easily enable services.
Ubuntu probably has code to enable the sysv "xencommons" script. Perhaps
Ubuntu is not uptodate and lacks the knobs to enable all of the systemd
.service files above.

Olaf