Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.3.3 -> 4.4.1 after dom0 upgrade : domU refuses to boot

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Niels Dettenbach <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:31:27 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:32:04 +0000

Am Dienstag, 21. April 2015, 12:57:26 schrieb Pierre Peyronnel:
> i tried to boot with a kernel and ramdisk line and it "looks" ok, but these
> are install kernel and ram disk, so it just prompts me for install...

I didn't mean any install kernel - just a (domU capable) linux (oder BSD)
kernel (i.e. the same kernel file as you use WITHIN the DomUs).

This should boot as before, except that you have to give kernel options by
your xen domu config instead of the grub-conf within your DomU (pygrub is'nt
used then). I.e. add a:

root="/dev/sda1 ro"
kernel="/full/path/to/myDomUsLinuxKernelFile"

(but make shure that the kernel file is not gzipped or similiar). If you need
a ramdisk, do the same with it (copy it to the Dom= and configure it in the
DomU config) like:
ramdisk = "/full/path/to/my/myDomUsLinuxRamdiskFileinitrd.gz"

but this could be zipped (if originally).

to your DomUs config when booting with "kernel=" from it - but use the correct
device path/node instead of /dev/sda1 in my case.

This should print out possibly more details from the DomUs side if not work
(or just work, if pygrub is the source of your problem here).

hth a bit.
best regards,

Niels.

--