Re: [Xen-users] vhd support in xen-4.4

On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 09:24 +0200, dmitry@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> After it I destroy domain (xl destroy).
> ps aux | grep " D" show process
> root     16443  0.0  0.0   8368   368 ?        D<   08:39   0:00 /sbin/blkid
> -o udev -p /dev/tdf
>
> I kill it (kill -s 9 16443). If I don't do it, domain does not start.

Do you know where this process comes from? AFAIK it is not spawned by
anything in the Xen infrastructure. It might be some other facility on
your system.

My hypothesis is that this process, whatever it is, is holding the
tapdisk from the previous domain open, preventing it from closing down,
which in turn causes the next domain to fail because the backing file is
in use.

pstree -s $PID-OF-BLKID

might give a clue, or look in "ps auxf" and look at the parent
processes.

Which blktap kernel module are you using? And are you using the tapdisk
from xen.git or from e.g. the xenserveer repos?

Ian.