Re: [Xen-users] xl stack problems on CentOS6 XEN4

Hi Ian,

following the link you provided:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01190.html

Looks indeed similar to my output
BUT: The following lines are missing on my output:

>> libxl: debug: libxl.c:2605:libxl__device_disk_local_initiate_attach:
>> trying to locally attach PHY device drbd-remus-test with script
>> block-drbd

I can not even see an attempt to call "block-drbd" in my debug-output.

Yes, vmname=xlnur079.

Making drbd primary does not create a device in /dev/ though - hence my
workaround: cd "/dev/drbd/by-res/" before xl create. That's the place where
xlnur079 (or at least an symbolic link with that name) resides.

The script (/etc/xen/scripts/block-drbd) I am using is from
drbd84-utils-8.9.2-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64 - and already seems to contain the "drbd
or phy" case;
both in the add and the remove branch.

CentOS6 XEN4 is based on the Kernel 3.10.68-11.el6.centos.alt.x86_64 which has
drbd 8.4.3 built in.
In your mentioned link drbd 9.0 is being handled.

BTW: "remove" seems to be working without problems: xl shutdown will switch the
drbd-device from primary to secondary (which in my case is bad, since the
switch on create back onto primary is missing, which makes the reboot of the
DomU fail).

The question now is (I think): Why is block-drbd not being called on create
although the xl-parser knows about block-drbd?

So momentarily this looks indeed like a libxl problem.

Time to contact xen-devel, or can we do some deeper digging beforehand?

With kind regards

Nils