Re: [Xen-users] Debugging DomU

  • To: Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Chris (Christopher) Brand" <chris.brand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 21:37:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2015 21:38:56 +0000

Hi Ian,

I did end up writing some code to do what you suggested (trap to the hypervisor
on an early exception), but never got it to succeed.

I have now got a JTAG on the system, which allows me to look at the page tables
when it's in the locked up state, and I see that address 0 isn't mapped to any
RAM at all, which would seem to be a problem because the vmlinux includes
exception table code that should live there.

Can you point me towards the code that populates the page table for a new DomU ?

Thanks,

Chris