Re: [Xen-users] Getting Started with XEN and OpenStack

> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Daniel Barney Briseño
> <daniel.barney.b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,

Hi Daniel,

> > I am getting started with XEN, I was following this tutorial to intall XEN
> > on Ubuntu 14.04
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Setting%20up%20Xen%20and%20XAPI%20%28XenAPI%29%20on%20Ubuntu%20Server%2012.04%20LTS%20and%20Managing%20it%20With%20Citrix%20XenCenter%20or%20OpenXenManager
> >
> > Then I wanted to take it to next step adding OpenStack VM but the devstack
> > on the scripts are using xe
> >
> > Since xe is deprecated, could you guys please give me a hand on how to
> > install xen hypervisor on ubuntu 14.04 and on the top of that install
> > openstack VM to manage the resources?

I don't think I can help you to install OpenStack on top of that install. I
have no idee what XenCenter or OpenXenManager are doing... (I mean how
they are going to interact with OpenStack.)

But, we have an HowTo on our wiki to install devstack on Ubuntu 14.04 with
Xen. http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/OpenStack_via_DevStack
Is this HowTo what you are looking for?

The howto is about installing OpenStack to use Xen via the libxl driver of
libvirt.

Regards,

--
Anthony PERARD