Re: [Xen-users] Debugging DomU

Hi Chris,

On 27/05/2015 01:35, Chris (Christopher) Brand wrote:
I confirm the CONFIG_DEBUG_LL should be disabled in Xen guest because it's not
portable and not supported.

Yes, that definitely seems to have been my first problem.

You may be able to get some message before the console is effectively setup by
applying the patch in [1]. It will print every guest message on the Xen console.

That patch is *very* useful. Thanks! I now have a backtrace for the new problem:
Unwind_backtrace
Show_stack
Dump_stack
Panic
Memblock_alloc_base
Memblock_alloc
Early_alloc_aligned
Paging_init
Setup_arch
Start_kernel
Plus an error message:
"Failed to allocate 0x2000 bytes below 0x0".

Hmmm... I remembered a similar issue on Xen which I though was fixed in 3.13.

There was some issue with CONFIG_ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT, which is required in order to boot Linux anywhere in the memory. The final result were mis-computed depending on the CONFIG_VMSPLIT_*. Can you try to use different one? FWIW, I'm using CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall