Re: [Xen-users] internal-db option for xenstored

On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 08:31 -0700, Sarah Newman wrote:
> Is there any particular advantage or disadvantage to using the internal-db
> option for xenstored?

IIRC --internal-db was added for use in a xenstore stubdom (i.e. without
any filesystem available), I don't know if anyone has ever tried it on
the dom0 process version of xenstored.

That's not to say it wont Just Work using in process mode, but you may
possibly be in unchartered waters somewhat. It'd be very interesting to
try it and see though.

> Unlike CentOS 5, Xen4CentOS does not automatically
> mount /var/lib/xenstored on tmpfs

Making the trivial configuration change to fstab would likely be less
risky overall. You could also raise this as a bug with Xen4CentOS since
it is the sort of thing they may wish to address.

Ian.