Re: [Xen-users] Debugging DomU

On 30/05/15 00:07, Chris (Christopher) Brand wrote:
> Hi Julien,

Hi Chris,

> I have now seen DomU come up. More often, though, I see some "Division by
> zero in kernel" errors from clocksource_of_init(), then nothing after it
> reports the sched clock (but it reports it at "0 Hz"). Log extract below. It
> looks like the initial problem is that "Architected timer frequency not
> available". If I hack arch_timer_detect_rate() to set arch_timer_rate to the
> 27MHz value that Dom0 gets, DomU comes up ok (Yay!).

For DOMU, the timer frequency is retrieved from CNTFRQ_EL0.
This register has to be setup correctly by the firmware/bootloader.

Do you know if the timer node in the device tree for your platform has a
property "clock-frequency"? If yes, it will be very likely CNTFRQ_EL0 is
not correctly set.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall