Re: [Xen-users] Debugging DomU

  • To: Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Chris (Christopher) Brand" <chris.brand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 22:46:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 22:47:48 +0000

Hi Julien,

>For DOMU, the timer frequency is retrieved from CNTFRQ_EL0.
>This register has to be setup correctly by the firmware/bootloader.

>Do you know if the timer node in the device tree for your platform has a
>property "clock-frequency"? If yes, it will be very likely CNTFRQ_EL0 is not
>correctly set.

It does indeed. I think I understand what's happening, then.
Bootloader is running only on core 0, and is setting CNTFRQ. When DomU runs,
its vcpu0 runs on a random physical core. If it happens to run on core0,
everything is fine. If it happens to run on any other core, though, it fails
because CNTFRQ is zero. So I need to ensure that CNTFRQ is set for the other
cores.

Chris