Re: [Xen-users] Two different versions of Xen on the same Dom0?

On Sat, 2015-06-20 at 09:24 +0200, Manfred Haertel, DB3HM wrote:
[...]
> The problem I have now is that the complete Xen backend handling in th
> Dom0 is done by udev (hm, didn't know that before - so another lesson
> learned).

Looks like you've solved it but FYI starting from some recent version
(maybe 4.4? Don't quite remember) the hotplug scripts are called
directly from the libxl based toolstack and not via udev.

You'll be able to tell if this is the case for you because the udev
rules will contains 'ENV{UDEV_CALL}="1"' which gives the scripts the
signal to not run if libxl is in use.

The solution is the same though.

BTW, for newer versions of Xen it _might_ work to configure
--sysconfdir=/some/thing/etc, although it probably hasn't been well
tested in that configuration so you might find some sharper edges.

> I think the udev rules are loaded very early at startup, but I am no
> expert on udev. How to change them at runtime?

FWIW you can run "udevadm --reload-rules" (or something like that) to
cause /etc/udev/rules.d to be rescanned/reloaded. That's probably not
useful to you now though.

Ian.