Re: [Xen-users] Issues Booting DomU on TI DRA72 Chip

On 07/07/2015 09:53 AM, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi,

On 06/07/15 18:21, Brandon Perez wrote:
On 07/03/2015 06:30 AM, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi,

On 02/07/15 17:04, Brandon Perez wrote:

(d1) 6xen:grant_table: Grant tables using version 1 layout
(d1) Grant table initialized
(d1) 6xen:events: Using FIFO-based ABI
(d1) 6Xen: initializing cpu0
(d1) 6Setting up static identity map for 0x405f7c28 - 0x405f7c80

It's hard to know what's going on with only these 5 lines. Is it the
full log of the domU? If not, can you send it?

Usually, the next step is to bring up the other processor, although you
have only 1 vCPU in the device tree.

Regards,

Hi Julien,

     Unfortunately, that is the full log of the domU messages that I get
from "xl dmesg". That's part of the reason why I'm having a hard time
tracking down this issue, because I'm getting so little information back
from the guest.

    There's also the domU.log file that I attached in the prior email
that has additional information.

    Do you have any advice what might be causing this issue just based on
that information?

Not really. Can you try patch in [0]? It should print more on the
console compare to the one you applied from [1].

You may also want to add ignore_loglevel on kernel guest command line.

Regards,

[0] https://patches.linaro.org/39687/
[1]
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/ianc/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=476bff35f03de10392826672cfd0d9e2c40ea7eb

Hi Julien,

I added applied patch [0], and I've attached the logging output that I got with that patch. Nothing in the log really jumps out at me, and the kernel seems to be booting fine until it freezes up for some reason.

Is it possible that I'm not setting up the DomU's filesystem correctly? I'm currently using a 800 Mb image on the Dom0 filesystem that's formatted as ext3. Do I need to mount this somewhere on Dom0's filesystem before running "xl create"? I could see this as a potential reason for the guest domain to freeze up.

Brandon