Re: [Xen-users] how to boot something to get a vm started

On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 18:01 +0200, hw wrote:
> xc: error: Could not open kernel image (2 = No such file or directory):
> Internal error

Strange. This suggests that hvmloader isn't available for some reason.
What version of Xen is this? On what distro

Do you have $prefix/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader ? If not then is it at some
other path?

[...]
> '/isolinux/gentoo' is listed in the grub.cfg contained in the ISO, and
> it does exist.

Booting a PV guest from an ISO is a bit subtle,
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Debian_Guest_Installation_Using_Debian_Installer#Create_Initial_Guest_Configuration_2
 shows how it can be done for Debian, I reckon something similar ought to be
possible for gentoo.

Without using pygrub as described there the toolstack will be looking
for /isolinux/gentoo on your dom0 filesystem.

Ian.