Re: [Xen-users] Risks of upgrading from XCP 1.6 to XS 6.2

On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 18:28 -0300, Gabriel Queiroz Silva wrote:

> I have around 10 VMs running on two XCP 1.6 servers, and i'm planning
> to upgrade both of them to XS.
>
> How safe is it to upgrade a XCP 1.6 to a XS 6.2? Are there any
> stories of people losing data when applying this upgrade?

Hi Gabriel,

This list deals primarily with the Xen Project releases of Xen and the
associated toolstacks. XS is a separate project and questions regarding
XS (which subsumed XCP) are better asked on the lists/forums over at
www.xenserver.org.

FWIW I've not heard of any problems, but then I wouldn't necessarily
expect to have done so.

Obviously having up to date backups of a system is good practice
whether that system is virtualised or not.

Ian.