Re: [Xen-users] Risks of upgrading from XCP 1.6 to XS 6.2

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 06:43ÂIan Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 18:28 -0300, Gabriel Queiroz Silva wrote:

> I have around 10 VMs running on two XCP 1.6 servers, and i'm planning
> to upgrade both of them to XS.
>
> How safe is it to upgrade a XCP 1.6 to a XS 6.2? Are there any
> stories of people losing data when applying this upgrade?

Hi Gabriel,

This list deals primarily with the Xen Project releases of Xen and the
associated toolstacks. XS is a separate project and questions regarding
XS (which subsumed XCP) are better asked on the lists/forums over at
www.xenserver.org.

FWIW I've not heard of any problems, but then I wouldn't necessarily
expect to have done so.

Obviously having up to date backups of a system is good practice
whether that system is virtualised or not.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already asked XCP questions there before and have been recommended to try these lists instead.

Anyway, if by any chance someone could point me to any material regarding this migration I would be extremely thankful.

Regards,
Gabriel