Re: [Xen-users] USB Passthrough XEN 4.4

On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 13:46 +0200, Wolf Grossi wrote:
> On 19.06.2015 16:04, pietrop wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am running XEN 4.4 and I am using the tool 'xl' to do all the needed
> > common operations like start/stop/reboot virtual machines; I'd need to
> > setup an USB passthrough and I am reading the related instructions from
> > the page :
> >
> > http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough
> >
> > Following the chapter 'Host USB in xl' it looks like the only support
> > available is 'emulated USB', which as stated earlier in the same page is
> > available only for HVM guest, I am pretty sure I am running a PV guest.
> >
> > Does that mean I can't configure USB passthrough on my system ?
> >
> > I have given those instructions a go but I can't see any USB
> > devices/controller on my guest system.
> >
> > Instead I get an unable to initialize libusb: -99
> >
> > am I obliged to go for a PCI passthrough ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pietro

> Pietro,
> I'm in the same situation;
> have you found a solution already or is the PCI-passthru the only option?
>
> Cheers,
> Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Unfortunately I am keep wrestling with that.
As a workaround for my specific situation I am heavily relying on sshfs.

Nevertheless my case is pretty straightforward since I just need to
access an Android device to install some apps on it therefore a shared
FS works just fine for me, anyway keep me posted if you find a solution
since I would like to get it right.

Cheers,
Pietro