Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 not opening VNC port

On Sun, 2015-08-30 at 08:35 -0400, Eric Samstad wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting Xen Dom0 to listen on port 590x. Here's my
> config file (/etc/xen-tools/xen-tools.conf)...

Are you sure that's correct, many of those options look like xen domain cfg
options, not xen-tools options. (note that xen-tools is a third party tool,
not something provided by xenproject releases)

In particular vfb =, vnc*, dhcp aren't xen-tools options AFAIK.

> install-method = debootstrap
> size = 4G # Root disk, suffix (G, M, k) required
> memory = 128M # Suffix (G, M, k) required
> swap = 128M # Suffix (G, M, k) required
> fs = ext3 # Default file system for any disk
> dist = `xt-guess-suite-and-mirror --suite`
> # Default distribution is determined by Dom0's distribution
> image = sparse # Specify sparse vs. full disk images (file based images
> only)
> vfb = [ 'type=vnc' ]
> vnclisten = "0.0.0.0"
> vncpassword = "(pass)"
> dhcp = 1
> passwd = 1
> kernel = /boot/vmlinuz-`uname -r`
> initrd = /boot/initrd.img-`uname -r`
> pygrub = 1
> mirror_utopic = http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
> ext4_options = noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro
> ext3_options = noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro
> ext2_options = noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro
> xfs_options = defaults
> reiserfs_options = defaults
> btrfs_options = defaults
>
> I build an image using xen-create-image. Then, I create a DomU by running
> xl create. The xl list command shows my domU running...
>
> root@Xen-Dom0:~# xl list
> Name ID Mem VCPUs     State   Time(s)
> Domain-0 0 23250 4 r----- 135.3
> ubuntu4 2 512 2 -bââ 2.9
>

> However, when I check which ports are being listened on, I find no 590x
> entriesâ

What does the cfg file which xen-create-image created contain?