From: win-pv-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:win-pv-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lars Kurth
Sent: 01 September 2015 12:07
To: Chris Takemura
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] [Xen-users] Recommended Windows PV drivers? (+ GPLPV issues)

Chris,

adding the Windows PV driver list

Lars

On 19 Aug 2015, at 01:44, Chris Takemura <ctakemura@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,

What's the status of the various PV driver projects?  Which drivers would be recommended for end-users who just want PV drivers that work?  I've been something of a fan of the GPL PV drivers, but meadowcourt.org has been down for a while, and I don't think there have been recent updates.  There are the erstwhile Xenserver drivers, but my impression is that they're under development and not ready for actual use.

I would be entirely happy with the GPL PV drivers, but it seems like XenPCI isn't hiding all the emulated block devices --  I have one machine with 5 emulated disks, 4 ATA and 1 SCSI.  I still see one disk attached to ATA channel 1 and one disk on the SCSI controller.  Neither of these is the system disk.  XenVBD is attaching to all 5 disks, but some of the disks are (rightly) disabled because of signature collision.

--

chris